A Pluckeye Forum

A place for Pluckeye users to chew the cud.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This is the old forum. The new forum is at https://discourse.pluckeye.net/ .

#1 2021-07-27 13:13:40

alieren3453

Only allow spesific websites?

Hi, I'm trying to block all websites excluding some websites. There are 2 accounts on my Windows PC. One is Administrator, named as "irem" and should have all access to the Internet. The other one, named as "ali" should have access only to spesific websites.
So I followed this tutorial . First, I logged into administrator account. Then installed pluckeye. Created an account in pluckeye. Enabled system feature. Alllowed all access to the Internet for "irem" using this command: "pluck + allow user:irem" then blocked ali's access to Internet using "pluck + block user:ali" command. Then allowed google and youtube using   command. Then enabled nhl feature but I still can't access to Internet in standard account.

Last edited by alieren3453 (2021-08-05 15:54:23)

lumber

#2 2021-07-27 13:43:46

sonicsid

Re: Only allow spesific websites?

My current setup does what you intend to achieve.

The "pluck + block user:ali" command is unnecessary; any rules that are a part of your config will automatically apply to that user account (as it is not allowed explicitly, like "irem" is). I think that command is overriding all other "allow" commands. (You may run "pluck verdicts" to confirm.)

To block all websites, what you need instead of that command is

pluck + block text/ 

and then allow the other websites individually.

If you want to block all applications as well (and not just websites), you should use

pluck + block otherwise 

instead, and then allow the ones you need to have access to. You may run "pluck verdicts" to find what each program's executable is named, and also to check which background process is being blocked if you allowed some application but it did not work as intended.

Since you mentioned YouTube and Google, you should probably check out https://manual.pluckeye.net/safe.org.

Also, see forum rules, and get rid of all links in your post (even the ones that are not in blue) before the automatic process bans you.

#3 2021-07-27 14:03:20

alieren3453

Thanks! You are the best! Finally I solved it. I also enabled safer google and safe youtube feature. Blocked images in Google and YouTube. Thanks for your help.

lumber

#4 2021-07-27 14:42:24

sonicsid

Happy to help! smile

Your original post still has links like "google.com", "youtube.com" and "u.pluckeye.net". Edit it and replace them by the names of the websites instead so that you do not get auto banned. See https://forum.pluckeye.net/misc.php?action=rules.

Board footer