A Pluckeye Forum

A place for Pluckeye users to chew the cud.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-10 20:14:49

migalmoreno

Delete user data from Android app

I've been using Pluckeye on Android for a while now, but yesterday had to do a clean wipe of Android. I reinstalled pluckeye and logged in to my account and no options showed up (no delay, no devices, no allowed sites).

I installed the apk again through the Pluckeye site and my previous config was still there, which I found odd since my account was already closed. I registered another account under different credentials but again, was unable to see my config for it. How can I delete the config currently attached to my Pluckeye app and be able to create a new account with configs showing up (I'm on root, and I've already tried to clear cache and storage)?

Last edited by migalmoreno (2019-04-10 23:41:05)

#2 2019-04-10 23:28:01

jon
Administrator

Re: Delete user data from Android app

migalmoreno wrote:

. . . closed my account . . .

Hmm.  Are there instructions on the Internet somewhere (a forum or otherwise) that indicate closing your account is a good idea?  I want to make sure others don't follow the same course in an attempt to reset their settings.  If you know of such a source, please let me know the url so I can try to get that information updated.

Users shouldn't close their accounts unless they intend to no longer use Pluckeye.

Closing your Pluckeye account will probably never have the immediate effect that you seek because if it did, then users could bypass Pluckeye (on Android) pretty easily by closing their account and reopening a new one.

How can I delete the config currently attached to my Pluckeye app and be able to create a new account with configs showing up

You can't because the site doesn't currently have an interface for that.  If you send me the url for your user or device, I can make an administrative change to free the device so it can be associated with your new user account.  However, it might be better, simpler, and easier from my side if I just reopen your old user account.  I'll attempt this.

FWIW, I have observed a bug on Pluckeye on Android in which settings changes fail if there are too many open tabs (10?).  Closing tabs and restarting the app makes the problem go away.

#3 2019-04-11 00:54:08

jon
Administrator

jon wrote:

I'll attempt this.

I can resurrect your old account if you close the account that is currently using the same email address.

#4 2019-04-11 07:49:03

migalmoreno

Ok, please do that. I've already closed the account and I sent you my account details through email

#5 2019-04-11 11:46:13

RNYC

migalmoreno is referring to my post here:

https://forum.pluckeye.net/viewtopic.php?pid=828#p828

Where I tried to reproduce something. I saw that my android pluckeye did not re-connect back with u.pluckeye.net but never followed up.

Feel free to remove or edit that post. Or I'll do it soon...have to leave for work right now.

#6 2019-04-11 17:19:30

jon
Administrator

Thanks.  Post updated.

#7 2019-04-11 17:22:58

jon
Administrator

migalmoreno wrote:

closed the account

Okay, your account is now reopened.  Your password has been cleared, though, and to login you need to reset your password.

#8 2019-04-13 07:41:21

migalmoreno

Much appreaciated. It would be great if you could reopen my other account as well (sent you details through email), since my device wasn't associated with the the one you already reopened. As an alternative, is there any way to free the device by itself without relying on the account?

#9 2019-04-13 15:11:35

jon
Administrator

migalmoreno wrote:

As an alternative, is there any way to free the device by itself without relying on the account?

Yes, now done.  You'll need to login (not register) to u.pluckeye.net using each of the 2 devices just disassociated with your second old account.

Note that you may want to change the configurations associated with these devices after you login.

#10 2019-04-19 17:17:37

migalmoreno

Some more doubts have appeared during these days. Is it possible to unlink a device from my profile? (It appears I've got 3 Android devices linked to it, I assume because I've uninstalled and installed the application 3 times on my phone)

Also, I've got one config linked to my phone which had settings from my laptop and it included a blackout at a certain time, is it possible to cancel this verdict within the Pluckeye for Android interface?

Board footer