A Pluckeye Forum

A place for Pluckeye users to chew the cud.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-25 07:09:34

bobtoy

[SOLVED] Unable to import settings

For some reason pluckeye is not allowing me import settings to my new macbook. I am using the command pluck import pluckeye-settings.txt and am getting the error "SYS_ERROR 2 Failed to open pluckeye-settings.txt
failed to import pluckeye-settings.txt"
I have a new computer and would really like to import the old settings but the command is not working. On my old computer I used the command "cd ~/Desktop && pluck export >pluckeye-settings.txt" then copied that file over to my new mac. That is the file I am trying to import but it is not working.
I am using firefox 60.0.1 and pluckeye version 0.72.1
On my old computer I was using an older version of both firefox and pluckeye and that is the only reason I could think for their being an error with the settings txt file.
Is there a fix to this problem or a way to manually copy and paste the text to the settings file on the new computer? I really don't want to go through blocking and allowing hundreds of websites if I don't have too.
Any help would be appreciated.

#2 2018-05-25 08:41:28

RNYC

Re: [SOLVED] Unable to import settings

You have to tell Pluckeye where the file you are importing is. The general directions with an example for importing are here. In the example the settings you want to import must be on your Desktop.

The essential part is below...but substitute pluckeye-settings.txt for "all-access.txt":

cd $HOME
pluck import Desktop/all-access.txt
cat $HOME/Desktop/all-access.txt | pluck import -

#3 2018-10-10 15:49:22

bobtoy

Re: [SOLVED] Unable to import settings

I know this is a little late but thank you. This worked great and I really appreciate your help.

Board footer