A Pluckeye Forum

A place for Pluckeye users to chew the cud.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-20 03:34:16

Physean3

Pluckeye Level 2 Blocking Internet

Hi,

I'm new to Pluckeye, and I recently downloaded version 99.40 onto Windows 10 version 1903. Whenever I switch to Level 2, it seems to be blocking everything; can't even use the internet. This is the case for both chrome and firefox. I haven't tried other browsers currently, and level 1 seems to be working fine but unfortunately isn't restrictive enough for my habits.

I tried looking into the sysinspect thing, but when I click the download link I get "requested URL was not found on the server". Please help me out with solving this issue, or maybe someone can direct me to an older version of Pluckeye that works a bit better.

Thanks!

#2 2020-04-20 14:52:48

jon
Administrator

Re: Pluckeye Level 2 Blocking Internet

Link to sysinspect now fixed.

The #1 reason for the problems you describe is a conflict with other software (e.g. Qustodio, Covenant Eyes, etc).

The #2 reason is a recently discovered extant bug that will block Chrome and/or Firefox on Windows under certain conditions that would take a long time to describe.  But basically it's random, and it can show up from boot to boot.  Rebooting sometimes fixes it.  Closing and reopening all programs such as the browser sometimes fixes it.  I'm working on a real fix now.  Should you send it, I will probably not look at your sysinspect for awhile because this bug is urgent.

#3 2020-04-22 02:28:39

Physean3

Re: Pluckeye Level 2 Blocking Internet

Thanks for the response Jon.

Good news. I've been trying it sporadically and it seemed to have started working. Didn't change any software so it seems likely it's reason #2.

Board footer