A Pluckeye Forum

A place for Pluckeye users to chew the cud.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-20 09:49:29

Oskar

How do I allow all downloads from chrome?

Is there a way to allow all downloads? I have been able to allow each individual one by going to "history" in the pluckeye extension and clicking allow, but this is not optimal for me.

#2 2020-04-20 14:49:21

jon
Administrator

Re: How do I allow all downloads from chrome?

What do you mean by "downloads"?  Do you mean all programs?  Or do you mean all pdfs?  Or do you mean web resource that you save "permanently" to your computer?

#3 2020-04-20 15:23:05

Oskar

I think I mean all three

#4 2020-04-20 22:21:33

jon
Administrator

Oskar wrote:

I think I mean all three

You can not allow all downloads and also block anything.  When you view an image, you are "downloading" the image.

If you really want to allow all downloads:

pluck + allow everything

But I doubt that is really what you want.

If you want something else, you need to be more specific about what you mean by a "download".  In practice, you probably download a lot of some particular thing (programs or documents perhaps).

#5 2020-04-21 07:18:25

Oskar

Okay, I see what you mean now smile What I meant was basically all downloads that I would actively download, and that would end up in the "downloads" folder/tab on my computer and in chrome. So, files, programs, (allowed) photos etc. But, my problem hasn't really been with downloading files and programs, but with photos downloaded from my Google Photos account/page. I had tried to allow photos on the site multiple times, but it felt kinda "buggy". Sometimes it would show some photos, but not others, and I couldn't click on them to enlarge them nor download them - This is basically why I asked how to allow all downloads, as downloading photos like that was not working for me, so I thought that if I allowed every "active" download, it'd fix it, but I see now that I should've been less vague and formulated my question very differently. My bad. So, really, my problem came from the Google Photos site not being allowed properly.. If I could fix that, that'd be enough. But, weirdly enough, it seems to work just fine now, and I'm not sure what I did to accidently fix it. I didn't want to ask "How to allow pictures on the Google Photos site", as this is already asked and answered here in the forum. The soluted presented in that post just didn't work for me at that time. If I experience trouble with google photos, I'll just post a reply over there.. So this whole post is kinda pointless now, sorry smile) Maybe you can delete it. This is already way too long a reply, but while I have your attention Jon, I wanted to thank you. I haven't used pluckeye for all that long, but it instantly made a difference when I first started using it. So, thank you for what you've created smile

Board footer