A Pluckeye Forum

A place for Pluckeye users to chew the cud.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-27 02:00:44

MikaelJean

Failed to set level two

So, I've had a problem. Sometimes the internet stops working due to pluckeye (I know cus I need to repair it using unbork soft) or Firefox crashes due to pluckeye (I looked threw the reason and it seems to be pluckeye).

However, while those two are big problems, my real problem comes after this. When I repair pluckeye, the delay gets set to 0 and I cannot go back to Level 2...

It gives me this : "Failed to set the installation level because pluck set 'level 2' failed with status: undefined."

Is there a way to fix this?

From the subreddit it seems I would need to downgrade (that's what stopped the Internet/crashing problem for other users and without that problem I don't need to repair). However, that is still bad, since I need to uninstall pluckeye in order to be able to reset Level 2 (it's what I had to do 3 or four times now), but that's getting annoying, since I lose self-control when I'm resetting pluckeye or when my delay gets reset to 0 after using unbork soft on the command line. So, what do I do?

#2 2020-01-27 12:20:40

RNYC

Re: Failed to set level two

If this has happened several times, then the next time it happens (or now, if it just happened again), you need to run the sysinspect program and send it the results. It will tell Jon all the things I would have to ask you here (OS, Firefox version, Pluckeye version) and a lot more, like what other Firefox extensions you may be running and internal Pluckeye stuff I wouldn't know about.

#3 2020-01-27 16:26:19

jon
Administrator

MikaelJean wrote:

Sometimes the internet stops working due to pluckeye

Please report this problem using https://www.pluckeye.net/sysinspect.html .

MikaelJean wrote:

I know cus I need to repair it using unbork soft

Why not simply drop down to level 1 the "right way"?  Namely:

pluck set "delay 0"
pluck set "level 1"

The unbork command does not repair Pluckeye or leave Pluckeye in a good state.

Perhaps I need to update documentation to clarify that.  Can you tell me where you learned of unbork?  Was it through 'pluck help' or somewhere else?  I'd like to clarify for future users that the command is not to be used except to recover Internet in unusual circumstances.

If you want to repair Pluckeye, unbork is not the command to use.  In Pluckeye before v0.99, you could try:

pluck relevel

In Pluckeye v0.99 or above,

pluck repair

But, you shouldn't generally need to use these commands, and if you do, please report the problem.

MikaelJean wrote:

From the subreddit it seems I would need to downgrade

Downgrading is terrible advice.  Can you point to the parts of the subreddit that advise that?

#4 2020-01-28 16:31:20

MikaelJean

Hi, so none of the fixes have worked. I tried pluck relevel and I still can't go to level 2. As for unbork soft, I read about it in the help section to recover Internet (it worked). The only thing is that I cannot go back to level 2 and the delay is 0 after that.

I think I read about downgrading in an archived thread about someone with no internet. I'll go and send a sysinspect now.

#5 2020-01-28 19:50:05

MikaelJean

It seems the issue may have resolved itself ( I repaired pluckeye by reinstalling the current version of pluckeye again), so my settings are saved. If the crashing issue comes back, I'll send the sysinspect. I would wait before classifying this issue as solved though, since I have repaired pluckeye in the past and the crashing issue came back a week later.

#6 2020-01-28 23:17:10

MikaelJean

Nevermind, it hasn't itself to level two (at first it seemed that it did) but now it didn't. It is giving me new a different error message though : "Failed to set the installation level because pluck set 'level 2' failed with status: 806349981''. I'll send two sysinspects now then.

Board footer