A Pluckeye Forum

A place for Pluckeye users to chew the cud.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-30 12:56:38

davi

macOS, EverAccountable, and images in Mail

Hi,
I am noticing that Pluckeye is also blocking images from my Apple email app. Is there a way to avoid that?
More importantly, I am also using an app called EverAccountable, which simply does not open at all when pluckeye is on level 2. Is there a way to allow it to run with pluckeye on level 2?

Thank you!

#2 2019-12-30 21:31:42

jon
Administrator

Re: macOS, EverAccountable, and images in Mail

davi wrote:

Pluckeye is also blocking images from my Apple email app. Is there a way to avoid that?

It depends on how the email was composed.  Most inline images in HTML email will be blocked.  And, no, there is no way to avoid that at present without also allowing Safari, something I suspect most pluckers would not want to do.

davi wrote:

Is there a way to allow EverAccountable to run with pluckeye on level 2?

There is almost certainly a way.  You'll want Pluckeye v0.99.14 or newer.  Feel free to contact me directly and I can help you troubleshoot.

#3 2020-01-05 17:33:40

davi

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've tried searching for Pluckeye v0.99.14 with no success. The Pluckeye Release Notes page seems to have v0.98.15 as the latest update. Can you provide a link please to try and download the newer version?

#4 2020-01-05 22:10:04

RNYC

I don't see 0.99.14 in the queue anymore, but here are some recent 0.99.x versions:

http://www.pluckeye.net/wave/tester/notes.html

#5 2020-01-08 18:52:19

jon
Administrator

I took a look at Ever Accountable.  Pluckeye at level 2 will interfere with Ever Accountable, and this can't be rectified without also allowing Safari (because Ever Accountable uses the Safari engine).

If you use macOS, and you want both Pluckeye at level 2 and accountability software (meaning software that monitors and reports activity), you might try one of the products found at the following links:

accountability software

monitoring software

Or, you could try a filter other than Pluckeye.

Note that Pluckeye does have its own accountability feature, but it doesn't report general activity like some other products; it merely makes Pluckeye settings and changes thereto viewable by others.

If you find something that works (or doesn't), please report in this forum thread so I know.

I would guess that Accountable2You would work alongside Pluckeye at level 2 on macOS, but I haven't tried it.

Board footer