A Pluckeye Forum

A place for Pluckeye users to chew the cud.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-30 14:26:03

82nate

[SOLVED] Delay setting issues

Hello. I've waited 7 days for my new delay time of 0 to take effect, but today is that day and I just looked at it and it was reset to 7 days. So, I set the delay to 0 again and now it tells me I must wait another 7 days for changes to take effect. Why is this happening? Do I have to make changes basically twice for it to take effect once or am I doing something else wrong? In any case. I'm trying to uninstall so I can reinstall using the default settings because I've made so many changes playing around with it that I've just made a mess. Can someone here give me advice or be a "helper" to approve an expedited request or something? Thanks! I'm just trying to get a fresh install. Or... If there is a command to reset everything to default settings without waiting another 7 days that would work too. Thanks again!

Last edited by 82nate (2019-07-01 15:28:16)

#2 2019-06-30 21:08:18

RNYC

Re: [SOLVED] Delay setting issues

Did you look at the small print under the delay on the settings page? It would normally say something like "This delay is pending and should take effect at about <time>. The current delay is 7 days.

As regular helpers, we would be able to approve access to websites before the seven days, but not change the delay.

You will need to post your u.pluckeye.com account name (or email it to Jon with supporting details) for him to set your delay to zero.

#3 2019-07-01 03:11:25

82nate

Yes. It said the delay was supposed to take effect today. I think I figured out kind of what happened. It seems that in Chrome the delay sets as 0. But, in Mozilla it shows as -1. I'm thinking that -1 is Mozilla speak for 0. So, when I changed it in Mozilla to say 0, it automatically reset it to 7 days or something like that. It's weird, but I'm pretty sure that caused it. Mozilla overrode my chrome settings and also the terminal settings. Does that sound familiar to you?

*Update*
So, even though it said it would be another 7 days before new changes would take effect (delay set to 0), the original changes took effect anyway, thus, the original 7 day waiting period. Thanks for your insight. I now have another question that arises from this but, I will make a new post. Thanks!

Last edited by 82nate (2019-07-01 15:27:15)

#4 2019-07-02 03:00:49

jon
Administrator

82nate wrote:

Yes. It said the delay was supposed to take effect today. I think I figured out kind of what happened. It seems that in Chrome the delay sets as 0. But, in Mozilla it shows as -1. I'm thinking that -1 is Mozilla speak for 0. So, when I changed it in Mozilla to say 0, it automatically reset it to 7 days or something like that. It's weird, but I'm pretty sure that caused it. Mozilla overrode my chrome settings and also the terminal settings. Does that sound familiar to you?

A negative delay indicates an error of some kind.  The sure-fire way to see what your delay is:

pluck export | grep -i delay

#5 2019-07-02 03:23:01

82nate

Ok. Ty.

Board footer