A Pluckeye Forum

A place for Pluckeye users to chew the cud.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-20 00:59:03

82nate

[SOLVED] Blocking images after site has already been fully allowed.

Hello. I recently fully allowed some sites, but now I would like to remove images/vids again like how it is set up as default. My problem is that if I hit the block button it blocks the whole site, not just images/vids. The revert option worked for some sites but not others. Can you help me figure this out please? Basically, I can fully use Twitter (and other sites) but I only want the text. I need vids/images to be blocked again. TY!

*NOTE* I think the reason revert isn't always working is because I entered the command to "allow all sites" so I could manually block the ones I wanted to. So, when i try to "revert" it probably goes back to the "allow everything" command rather than the "default" command.

Last edited by 82nate (2019-06-21 00:48:04)

#2 2019-06-20 04:20:50

jon
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Blocking images after site has already been fully allowed.

82nate wrote:

Hello. I recently fully allowed some sites, but now I would like to remove images/vids again like how it is set up as default. My problem is that if I hit the block button it blocks the whole site, not just images/vids. The revert option worked for some sites but not others. Can you help me figure this out please? Basically, I can fully use Twitter (and other sites) but I only want the text. I need vids/images to be blocked again. TY!

*NOTE* I think the reason revert isn't always working is because I entered the command to "allow all sites" so I could manually block the ones I wanted to. So, when i try to "revert" it probably goes back to the "allow everything" command rather than the "default" command.

I think you are right about the "allow everything" command, although there are a couple such commands (whiteouts vs removing the default rules that block images and videos).  If you have done the latter, then yes, revert will simply allow any site according to the default rules.

One way to get good answers is to register on https://u.pluckeye.net/ .  Then, request a few helpers so that others (the helpers) can see what your current settings are.  That is the easiest way to explain why you are experiencing what you are, and to explain the buttons.

Also, here are a few questions to help you explain what you want ultimately:

1. Do you want to block images on sites that have no other rules?  Yay or Nay?

2. Another way to ask: why did you choose to allow all sites in the first place?  What do you really want?

3. What exact command do you mean by the "allow everything command"?

#3 2019-06-20 04:40:21

82nate

Ok, thx.

To answer your other questions:

"1. Do you want to block images on sites that have no other rules?  Yay or Nay?"
If that means allow text and block images/vids, then yes.

"2. Another way to ask: why did you choose to allow all sites in the first place?  What do you really want?"
I wanted to allow all sites to not have to worry about forgetting to unblock one before I increased my delay time and was then stuck. I thought it would be better to work from the other direction.

"3. What exact command do you mean by the "allow everything command"?"
I honestly don't remember and don't know how to find it. I asked you if there was such a command and you send me the code.

If I can't get it fixed without a lot of work or reinstalling it or something I'll live with it. I've got most things running well. Thank you for all your help!

#4 2019-06-20 08:49:18

RNYC

If you are on Windows, open a command prompt and type

pluck export | findstr witter 

or on Mac/Linux

pluck export | grep witter 

then post the results, it will help us understand what rules you made for twitter.

These are the sorts of things that helpers could see easily at u.pluckeye.net.

#5 2019-06-20 13:17:02

82nate

When I type pluck export | grep witter into my Linux terminal and hit enter it just goes to the next line and does nothing. I'm using Manjaro, kernel 4.19.

Last edited by 82nate (2019-06-20 13:17:28)

#6 2019-06-20 21:46:12

RNYC

So that means that you did not allow Twitter individually. It is being allowed by your all access rule. To block pictures on twitter, enter a command like

pluck add "block twitter.com image/"

There is a similar discussion taking place at reddit's Pluckeye page if you want another person's experience.

#7 2019-06-21 00:47:14

82nate

Awesome. TY!

Board footer