A Pluckeye Forum

A place for Pluckeye users to chew the cud.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-13 14:17:52

buildbyflying

Laptop is locked and have no idea how long...

1. System: Windows
2. Pluckeye version: 0.98.15
3. Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge

Yesterday morning, I installed Pluckeye on my Windows 10 laptop. It's my work/home/travel computer that I use everyday.

I set Pluckeye to Level 2 in Chrome. Installed Firefox during the installation (maybe that's why the Pluckeye settings never show).

In Chrome I originally set the delay to 45 minutes... or so I thought.

I deleted the installer because my sdd is only 128gb.

When I tried to use the laptop in the evening at the cafe -- didn't get access, didn't think much of it. However, once I got home I realized it was all being blocked by Pluckeye.

Opened the readme in a panic and follwed the cmd instructions. "Set the delay to 0"... Done. Removed the extension in Chrome (don't think that was in the readme). Tried uninstalling the app via add/remove programs: "Can't uninstall until Pluckeye delay is set to 0". (I think there's a continue button but I haven't risked it, since half of my problem was removing the ext in Chrome.)

I've posted to reddit sent a sysinspect file to support and I'm crossing my fingers that my computer isn't bricked forever because I accidentally set it to a 45 day delay.

I need help and now... this is pretty nuts.

#2 2019-11-13 15:55:39

carl

Re: Laptop is locked and have no idea how long...

Open the command prompt http://www.pluckeye.net/how-to-open-a-c … indow.html and type this:

pluck export

You'll get a list of pluckeye's current settings, and at the bottom it will tell you what the delay is set to. The number given is the number of seconds.

Pluckeye doesn't allow you to casually set the delay to 45 days. That's a pretty long time!

It can be difficult to learn to use a new piece of software, but hang in there... pluckeye is worth it.

Last edited by carl (2019-11-13 15:56:07)

#3 2019-11-13 22:06:12

jon
Administrator

buildbyflying wrote:

Removed the extension in Chrome

Dear readers, please don't do that; it only makes your Internet inaccessible.

The delay for the OP should be 0 by now, based on the log he sent me.

#4 2019-11-14 10:18:16

buildbyflying

Agreed. Don't do what I did. Deleting the ext. made everything a huge pain...

Computer is working again.

Board footer