A Pluckeye Forum

A place for Pluckeye users to chew the cud.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-07 00:56:09

jon
Administrator

How to handle Android

I would like to start a conversation about Android.

http://www.pluckeye.net/android.html

Does Pluckeye fill a need on Android?

What kind of setups have or have not worked for you?

If something hasn't worked for you, and you don't think reason is obvious to technical newbies, please don't mention it publicly; instead send me a private message.

App Lockers?

etc.

#2 2017-10-19 20:51:20

RNYC

Re: How to handle Android

My primary exposure to Android has been helping my parents with their telephones, so I have very limited experience. But I just made time to put Lineage OS (the open-source Android...using JC Sullins excellent Touchpad Toolbox) on my old tablet for testing purposes. The Pluckeye browser installed fine...Google and Bing searches show the top couple rows of images like I have seen in some situations with Pluckeye desktop.

I know people who use Covenant Eyes on their Android devices. One in particular does not like that solution since they only support Chrome and some other small-time browser. This person does not want to use Chrome and cannot install the other browser for some reason. I suggested the Pluckeye browser and encouraged them to post.

I'll be playing with Lineage to get up to speed on Android. With the explosion of mobile devices, this is probably a step in the right direction.

#3 2017-10-24 17:00:13

jon
Administrator

Updated again.

http://www.pluckeye.net/android.html

If you install a new version, you may need to clear data for the old version.  I have yet to figure out whether that is necessary.

#4 2017-10-25 10:12:01

RNYC

For anyone new to Android like I am, Settings>Apps>Pluckeye>Clear data was the secret to making the new version effective in my case.

Board footer