A Pluckeye Forum

A place for Pluckeye users to chew the cud.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This is the old forum. The new forum is at https://discourse.pluckeye.net/ .

#1 2021-04-18 21:51:10

Bricklet

Reset computer to factory settings wile pluckeye's still installed

Hi.
I'm the user who posted on the How to? forum section about VCRUNTIME140 not found stuff.
Since my last comment my computer's internet access has been completely blocked, I am unable to use pluckeye commands, and when I click on the pluckeye extension icon the only option which is shown on the dropdown menu is help.
I'm afraid my computer is pretty much done for in its current state, and seeing as I am unable to remove pluckeye, I was wondering if resetting my computer to factory reset would have awful negative consequences for the computer.
I mean I can't see a way the situation could get worse but I was wondering what you would have to say.
Obviously I'm typing this on a different computer.
Also, if someone does tell me running a factory reset would be alright but it does brick my computer instead, I won't be angry and I am perfectly capable of taking responsibility for my actions.
Windows 10 is my OS.

#2 2021-04-18 22:47:40

RNYC

Re: Reset computer to factory settings wile pluckeye's still installed

Did Windows 10 save any restore points (from updates) that you can use? This would backtrack your computer to an earlier point in time without being a full factory reset.

A full factory reset should put your computer back to when it came out of the box. No Pluck(y) and no Pluck(y) lingering effects.

#3 2021-04-18 23:17:31

Bricklet

Re: Reset computer to factory settings wile pluckeye's still installed

I don't have any restore points to the best of my knowledge.
I'm glad to hear that Pluck does not seem to effect factory resets.
I might try a reset tomorrow.

Board footer